Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 29: Friday

Friday, 30/07

It's Friday again! Yes, 3day weekend again! Well didn't wake up until about 10ish, when Aunty Kim texted me. So, pretty much went to see her and then planned to have lunch at 1pm. So I went to go and buy my books for my other class, because I will be continuing my Māori 201 class back at UH Mānoa. So it's somewhat a full load of classes, well once UHM starts up again. I will actually be starting my second year of learning te reo, the second book of Te Whanake, Te Pihinga along with reviewing first year material in Te Kākano here at Waikato. It is pretty good. Then at 1pm went back to Aunty Kim's office. So me and Leo went with Aunty to a pretty good Chinese restaurant. Buffet!!! Haha so Uncle Hotu and Nāmaka was there eating already. So we had a good filling of awesome food, of course better then cafeteria food and just talked story. Very māʻona! Anyways, there is a whole bunch of people here, that wants to have us over for dinner! So I'll have to go an arrange sometime for us to go over hahaha. Probably Fridays, since they always serve fish and chips or maybe Monday, since our class don't end till 7pm.

So anyways, theres going to be a whole bunch of pictures tomorrow. Heading to Taupo tomorrow with the other Hawaiians and international students. Through the International Student Office and Starr Tours, we paid $60NZD for: Aratiatia Rapids, Honey Hive, Huka Falls, Taupo Lookout, Lakeside Drive, Lake Hot Springs, Souvenir shopping, Bungy Jumping viewing. The extra optional things are: Jet Boat ride and Bungy Jumping. So we depart the Uni at 8am and return at 6pm.

2 comments:

  1. Here are questions created by your photos.
    What are shipping costs between NZ and Hawaii?
    You may have pamphlets in school offices somewhere. What is the cost of a 5-10#(lb) box? Think metric...

    ReplyDelete
  2. uncle i really dont know the shipping costs, but i know its expensive. pamphlets of?

    ReplyDelete