Sunday, July 4, 2010

Aotearoa Day 4

Day 4: Monday, July 5th

It's just another day here in Aotearoa, another cold day that is! Went to a short orientation for international students. Meet 2 other students from Hawaiʻi! 2 more Hawaiians in Aotearoa! They both graduated from KS, 2008 and they attend Linfield. I'm not sure where that is. Pretty much it was just a briefing for enrolling into papers (aka courses/classes). After that went to the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences to enroll into 2 papers: GEOG101-People and Place, Introduction to Social and Cultural Geography and HIST107-New Zealand Histories: Fresh Perspectives. After that, had to go to the School of Māori and Pacific Development for my other 2 papers: MAOR112-Te Reo Māori, Introductory 2; TTWA150; Te Tiriti o Waitangi, An Introduction to the Treaty of Waitangi. I am hoping to enjoy this semester exchange and not have to worry too much about my classes. Instead of MAOR112, I wanted MAOR100, because it was easy and it was introduction. But it clashed with my HIST and GEOG classes. Since I took a year of Māori at UHM, I asked if it was possible to enroll in a higher paper and so I got MAOR112. I hope its ok. I am also debating on whether or not to enroll in TIKA157-Mahi Whakaari Tawhito, Performing Arts, An Ancient Perspective. So pretty much a kapa haka class!


After approving these papers, went to the enrollment office to see if I could get my ID, so I got my enrolment (funny theres only 1 l) agreement form. All I need to do is just pay for my insurance, show my passport and I am officially a Waikato Student!

It was really cold today! I say this was the coldest day! It rained and walking in the cold wasn't fun! Just came back from the famous Warehouse to buy some sweatpants and water and chips! Probably head to town tomorrow! A funny/weird thing, went to lunch and all they gave me a plate of french fries. That's it?! Yeaps, so pretty much had that and ketchup!

ka kite

3 comments:

  1. When I was stationed in Northen Japan, Snowshoes lined with fur or insulation inside seemed the fashion. You may also have to change socks every 2 or 3 hours or find yourself becoming highly irritable due to soggy socks. I'll send you some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yea! One website I found showed the earth turning and getting dark by time zones. I know that Americas day starts on Guam. Means that New Zealand is lit also. Does this mean that when dark, you've been in the dark ahead of us? Does this mean that you go to bed before we do? Lastly, are you are a day ahead? When I went westward. I lost a whole day to travel. Like leaving oahu on wenesday and arriving in Japan close to friday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i tink im 22 hours ahead of you guys?

    ReplyDelete