Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 10: Auckland to Hamilton

So it was Sunday and we had to wake up and check out before 10am. So quickly woke up around 9ish and quickly packed (well didn't have much to pack) and got my pillow case, bed sheets and blankets and had to take them to the front desk. After we checked out we went to a small shopping mall area to eat breakfast. I ate McDonalds! Haha and miso soup! After that we had tim to kill because our bus didn't come till about 12. So we went to couple shops, like the Jade store! Pretty expensive the jade necklaces or what the Māori call pounamu or green stone. So went to couple other stores and then I bought a hook necklace not pounamu but it was about $16, pretty cheap and reasonable price! Really nice and big. So we saw our bus back to Hamilton, and there was about an hour left so we decided to check out the harbor for a little while.

Boarded the bus and headed back to Hamilton. There were also choke people going to place like Manakau, Hamilton, Taupo and etc. So another 2 hours on the bus, couldn't sleep so watched the movie, listened to my ipod, close my eyes and just pretty much watched the many places we were passing by. Arrived back in Hamilton about 3:00pm and I was so tired. Headed back to my room and what do I do?! Check my messages! Only because I was like 1 day with out internet. Well there was internet at our hostel but $3 for an hour? I think I can wait to I come back aye?!

1 comment:

  1. Makana. Hope your studies are doing well. Are you able to just get those stones to carve up?
    How easy is it to get some cans of vienna sausage and cook up your own rice? or make a group rice pot.... bye.

    ReplyDelete