Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 21

Thursday, 22/07

Kapa haka class was awesome today! Our teacher, he is a trip. Funny guy! The first chant we learned is called E ko te tui. That's all I can say, don't know what it is used for and the translation yet. Although while chanting it, the rhythm reminded me of another chant that I learned at Kamehameha in my Hawaiian language class. After that, we learned a waiata, I don't know the name. And then we learned a haka. Pretty much everybody already knew it, except for the Pākehā and the Hawaiians. So we just watched and followed them. Ma ka hana ka ʻike (Through working one sees or knows). So got the hang of it, but not the words yet. And so we are having a final performance in October. I can't wait to learn more haka!

Since class ended at 1pm and the lunch back at the cafeteria ends at 1:15pm, I decided to go and buy sushi! YEA!!! I'm pretty sure it was better then what they were serving for lunch! Haha nah I know it was better! After my stomach was satisfied, I when sleep! Haha for about couple hours, because my last class, history class, was at 4:00pm. I really don't care at this time, but I did take notes! It's the only way that will keep me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment