Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 55: Pre-Wellington

Wednesday, 25/8/10

Today started off nice and sunny and then it started to rain towards the afternoon. Had Chinese lunch with Aunty Kim. ʻOno nō!!! Thanks Aunty Kim! Wanted to buy another memory stick, because my 2GB can only hold about 300 pictures and so I'll be gone for 4days so I was thinking about bringing my laptop, but that's too much. So, I asked Aunty if there was a place where I could buy a memory stick. No, Best Buys or Home Depot, but they get Dick Smith. It is something similar. So I bought a 4GB which holds about 600 pics. Awesome, it was about $50NZD plus 1 year warranty for an extra $15NZD. Thanks again Aunty Kim!

Got back to my room and so I finally got the email with information and what we needed to pack. Didn't wanna bring my huge suitcase for 4 days, so I wanted to take my small suitcase and duffle bag. It was about almost 4pm and the stores in town closes at 5:30pm. So I headed towards the bus stop and was thinking about texting Aunty. Nah she was busy. Well, as I came closer to the bus stop, saw Aunty Kim haha. She went to have her afternoon tea lol. So I told her that I needed a duffle bag and that I was headed towards town. Aunty recommended the Warehouse. So I went, found an ok duffle bag for about $35NZD and an All Blacks beach towel. Although I have to go back, because there when I come back because they charged me $25NZD, when the tag price says $20. So anyway, that's my day today and so I probably won't have internet access for the next 4 days that I am in Wellington. But, I am bringing paper and pen to write and my camera to take choke pictures. We are leaving at 5am, that's in about 6 hours. Gotta wake up about 4amish to meet at 430ish for karakia (prayer). Aloha, see you guys soon!!!

1 comment:

  1. The lone blogger on this blogspot and the 300 other bloggers on facebook, together wish you a safe journey. Just go over to facebook for confirmation.

    ReplyDelete