Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 65: Frankton Market

Saturday, 4/9/10

Off to Frankton Marktet with Aunty Noenoe and Uncle Woody. Frankton Market is like swamp meet, located somewhere in Hamilton. The close off a part of the street for the vendors to sell their stuff and people coming to buy. There's choke stuff! I saw that couple of the vendors were selling Māori design blankets! Really nice and huge. We walked down the strip and Aunty bought couple Lamb kebabs. It is like BBQ sticks. Pretty good with the sauce they put on, ʻono nō. There were so many things being sold from plants, to clothes and jewelry. Had some nice Māori design shirts and jewelry. Jade and pounamu stone necklaces. We met Aunty Minoʻaka there, she lives here in Aotearoa but is from Maui. In the end, I bought myself a Māori blanket. It was really hard to choose which color. All the designs and colors were real nice, had red, blue, green and purple. So, I chose the green one! I definitely will go back before I come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment